Recommended Links

Service user (Marion Janner)designed website with videos of Anthony Bateman workshops and various outstanding articles about Mentalisation Based Treatment.

National Eating disorders charity for eating disorders

Helpline 0845 634 1414

List of support groups for those affected by eating disorders and groups for carers, info for young people, explanation of EDs and other resources.

Personality disorder information

Main website of Imperial College for all things to do with Science and Technology.

New York Times Health Section

for all things to do with mental health

Star Wards

Inspiring Inpatient Care

Set up and run by a service user,  most wards in NHS belong to the scheme.

Barnet Enfield and Haringey MH NHS Trust

Royal College of Psychiatrists

Finding a therapist

British Psychological Society

Access to database of psychologists who work privately and in NHS. At a basic level clinical psychologists who work privately will have specialist CBT skills. Analytic/psychodynamic psychotherapy is an extra qualification that many have as well. Many CLINICAL psychologists have been trained in MBT however you will need to ask!

British Psychoanalytic Society

Register of Psychoanalysts in NHS and private practice. Runs low cost scheme.

British association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy

These therapists as a minimum have a higher level qualification in CBT ie at postgraduate/Masters level. To call yourself a CBT therapist you should ideally be a BABCP member.

British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy

At a basic level all counsellors should be registered with BACP. Many Psychotherapists will be registered with BACP as well. If you have complex mental health problems you should look for someone who has substantial NHS experience and has had higher level training. Note: Counselling is not evidence based for personality disorders due to the complex trauma needing someone highly skilled.